The Pici Pasta Making Game
Team up with Mom for this Mother’s Day event!
Whether you are lucky enough to be with Mom this Mother’s Day or if you’re apart, make the holiday special by teaming up with Mom for this fun virtual cooking class competition.
Your Tuscan Chef Gaia, will lead you through this delicious Pici Pasta in a Garlicky Red Sauce recipe step-by-step while Kenny the game-master will introduce a series of competitive culinary challenges along the way making sure that this virtual cooking class is not just educational but a ton of fun too!
Pici are big, thick spaghetti made with just flour and water (and are vegan too) that are a signature dish throughout Tuscany. You’ll learn to make this pasta with just your hands! No pasta machine is needed.
Throughout this class, we will award points for the winner of each challenge and the person or team with the most points will win a €100 euro gift voucher valid for any in-person on online cooking class and, of course, some hard earned bragging rights.
So team up with Mom, even if she is too far away to cook together, and compete for the gift voucher.
Make this year’s Mother’s Day one you won’t forget!
Pici Pasta Making Class Highlights
- Learn how to make Pici pasta from scratch without the need of a pasta machine
- Compete virtually against other participants in a fun, relaxed atmosphere and have a chance to win a free virtual cooking class of your choice
- Enjoy this absolutely delicious dish that has long been a staple of Tuscan cooking
What to Expect from the Pici Pasta Making Game
Be prepared to quickly master the art of machine-less pasta making and discover just how easy and rewarding it is. Have fun competing in an interactive, creative way that makes this virtual experience all-the-more immersive.
Book your ticket now to Tuscany from the comfort of your own kitchen. Limited Availability!
To prepare for this event, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Pici Pasta (serves 2)
- 1.5 cups soft wheat flour type 0 or, in not available, all-purpose flour
- Durum wheat semolina for dusting
- 0.4 cups water= 0.90 (6 tbsp) – might be a bit less or more depending on how the flour absorb the water
- Salt & black pepper powder
- Extra virgin olive oil (at least 2 tbsp)
Sauce (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300/400 grams peeled canned tomatoes
- 3 garlic clove
- chili flakes/powder
- grated pecorino cheese or parmigiano reggiano (optional)
- fresh or dry basil (optional)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 pasta pot
- 1 sauce pan
- 1 colander
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 pastry board (if available)
We hope to see you virtually for this virtual Pici pasta making game!