The Pici Pasta Making Game
Roll up your sleeves and learn how to make fresh handmade pasta at home without the need of a pasta machine!
We will beam you to Florence where your instructor, Gaia, will guide you step-by-step on how to make Pici pasta in a garlicky Red sauce.
Pici are big, thick spaghetti made with just flour and water (and are vegan) that are a signature dish throughout Tuscany.
But, this is not your ordinary online cooking class – in this version, you will compete in fun cooking challenges along the way just to spice things up and bring out your inner competitive instinct!
We will award points for the winner of each challenge and the person or team with the most points will win a free online cooking class and hard earned bragging rights.
Pici Pasta Making Class Highlights
- Learn how to make Pici pasta from scratch without the need of a pasta machine
- Compete virtually against other participants in a fun, relaxed atmosphere and have a chance to win a free virtual cooking class of your choice
- Enjoy this absolutely delicious dish that has long been a staple of Tuscan cooking
What to Expect from the Pici Pasta Making Game
Be prepared to quickly master the art of machine-less pasta making and discover just how easy and rewarding it is. Have fun competing in an interactive, creative way that makes this virtual experience all-the-more immersive.
Book your ticket now to Tuscany from the comfort of your own kitchen. Limited Availability!
To prepare for this event, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Pici Pasta (serves 2)
- 1.5 cups soft wheat flour type 0 or, in not available, all-purpose flour
- Durum wheat semolina for dusting
- 0.4 cups water= 0.90 (6 tbsp) – might be a bit less or more depending on how the flour absorb the water
- Salt & black pepper powder
- Extra virgin olive oil (at least 2 tbsp)
Sauce (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300/400 grams peeled canned tomatoes
- 3 garlic clove
- chili flakes/powder
- grated pecorino cheese or parmigiano reggiano (optional)
- fresh or dry basil (optional)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 pasta pot
- 1 sauce pan
- 1 colander
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 pastry board (if available)
We hope to see you virtually for this virtual Pici pasta making game!