Walk in the footsteps of Julia Child
Whether you are already her biggest fan or you just saw the movie, this experience will take you into the life of America’s most famous French Chef, Julia Child, and the chefs that inspired her and the food that fed her passion. Come with us as we walk in her footsteps and discover the Paris she fell in love with 70 years ago.
Together we will retrace Julia’s life in Paris from the famous English bookshop where her education in French cuisine first started to the iconic places like Cafe de Flore, where she and Paul loved to dine among Paris’s greatest writers and artists.
As we stroll down the picturesque streets going from the Latin Quarter to St. Germaine, we will stop at some of her favorite places in order to taste the foods that Julia Child savored the most when she lived in Paris like classic French quiche, crepe, eclair, and fine chocolates, wine and cheese.
Our tour will end at 81 Roo de Loo, her former residence and the home of the cooking school that she created there with Simone Beck and Louis Berthole. As we peer into the windows and gaze at her old pots hanging on the wall we will delve into the history of her famed school and share with you some of the best stories from this pivotal chapter of her life.
- Discover the one-of- a-kind Shakespeare and Company bookshop where Julia used to spend hours reading and discovered the work of the great Ali Bab, one of the early documentarians of French Cuisine.
- Sit down for the best French cheeses and a glass of wine at one of the most photographed cafes in Paris- the legendary Cafe de Flore, just like Julia and Paul did 70 years ago
- Visit Julia and Paul’s former residence and the home of her famous cooking school
- Learn the history and provenance of all the foods we will taste on tour
- Take in many of Paris’s most iconic sites from Notre Dame to Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Private tours are available in French, English, Italian, and Spanish.