Recipe for Traditional Potato Gnocchi
Bea, our Assistant Operations Manager & Tour Guide in Florence, shows us how to make potato Gnocchi!
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 egg
- 300 grams flour
- Cook the potatoes – either boil or microwave, whatever is simpler!
- Mince the potatoes and mix with the flour.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt.
- Knead the potatoes with the flour and the egg – you’ll need to give it a little love!
- Divide the dough in pieces and make some long rolls.
- Now, cut into bit size gnocchi pieces.
- Make some channels on the dough by rolling the gnocchi with a fork.
- Throw the gnocchi into a pot with salted boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat your sauce of choice – a ragù (a traditional Italian meat & tomato sauce).
- The gnocchi are done when they float to the surface – they take just a few minutes.
- Toss the gnocchi with the Ragù and top with fresh grated parmigiano cheese.
That’s it! Much easier than you would expect!